Saturday, November 8, 2008

Hello World!

Will wants to know why the earth is up space. He asks this as I tuck him into bed and my quick answer is, "God put it there" Will sits up in bed, "really, then did he put the planets there too?" I laugh, "yes, hon and the planets" Then he asks if God out the stars, the moon, the sun and clouds up there. "yes, all of it, now go to bed" I shut the door and head downstairs to tell my husband about Will's latest round of questions. together we laugh, but in the back of my mind I think about the day when his questions will be hard to answer, when I won't have a quick answer, and when my answer won't be good enough. That day is coming, speeding towards me every day and often hinted at and danced around. When will my legs get long like Travis'? My guy asks me, noticing that his little brothers legs reach the end of the couch cushion, and his do not. "One day" I tell him, knowing that one day is a long way off. What will I do when he asks me why he is not tall, and why his brother is taller than him, and yet younger? Will he be happy when I tell him that God made him that way? I hope so, because I have no other answer. One day, god will have to be enough.

No comments: